The St. Lawrence Youth Ministry program encompasses both our High School and Middle School programs and Confirmation preparation.
Changes Coming in Fall 2017! To better serve our high school youth, our program is undergoing some changes. Beginning in August, our Sunday night high school program will be alternated each week between these groups:
- First Year Confirmation Prep (9th-11th Grade) Alpha (Encountering Christ) https://alphausa.org/
- Second Year Confirmation Prep (10th-12th grade) Decision Point (Knowing Christ) http://dynamiccatholic.com/confirmation/
- Post Confirmation-confirmed teens are encouraged to come back as table leaders on our Alpha nights!
Key foundational aspects of our program will continue, including the Fall Retreat, the Confirmation retreat, the Food Drive, Wednesday night Gospel Study, Monday night Girl’s Bible Study, and CHWC.
Our middle school Edge nights will remain on Sundays. Be sure to enroll by June 30 so that you don’t miss out!
We meet weekly during the school year on Sunday nights from 6:15-7:30 following the 5:00 p.m. Sunday night Mass. Our high school students meet in Cogswell Hall and our middle school youth (The Edge) gather in the gym.
In addition to our Sunday night program, we have widespread opportunities for teens to continue to grow in their faith life.
- Monday night Girls Discipleship Group (high school girls) 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday night Gospel study (high school teens) 6:15-7:30 p.m.
- Annual summer mission experience at Catholic Heart Work Camp
- Annual Fall Retreat.
- Confirmation preparation (the Sacrament is celebrated in 10th grade or above) students must be enrolled in the program for two consecutive years prior to receiving the sacrament. First Year Prep Students will attend Alpha on alternating Sunday nights, Second Year Prep students will attend Decision Point on alternating Sunday nights.
- Confirmation retreat for second year Confirmation prep students.
- Older high school students who are already confirmed are welcomed back to assist in our Alpha and Edge programs.
- Service opportunities year-round in the church community
- Social Events throughout the year.
Youth are always welcome to bring their friends to join us and see what we are all about at St. Lawrence. For more information on our youth programs, contact Michele McPheely, Youth Minister.