Fall 2017/ Season Three: In the Footsteps of Christ will begin in October and reflects on our fundamental belief that God in Christ chose to walk with us on our path through life and that the risen Christ now walks with us. All are welcome! Sign up below.
Arise Together in Christ is a parish-centered process of spiritual renewal and evangelization that enables people to deepen their faith, develop a closer relationship with Christ, grow in community, and reach out in service to others. It emphasizes people living in good relationship with one another, as they make concrete applications of the gospel to their life situations. Newcomers are always welcome to join Arise at the start of each season. Adults gather in small christian community groups at homes and at St. Lawrence once a week, for 90 minutes, for the six week process.
Why sign up to participate in the Arise Together in Christ process?
- To know God better
- To grow spiritually
- To meet new people
- To talk about God
- To improve ourselves
- To put faith into action
- To change the way we see the world
- To improve relationships
- To experience different prayer styles
- To be rejuvenated
Arise participants meet in a small group for 90 minutes each time. New participants are always welcomed.
- Fall 2016/Season One: Encountering Christ Today reflects on what it means to each an encounter with Christ through faith sharing.
- Lent 2017/Season Two: Change Our Hearts reflects on the central call of Ash Wednesday to conversion, both as a “turning away from…” and as a “turning toward…”.
- Fall 2017/ Season Three: In the Footsteps of Christ reflects on our fundamental belief that God in Christ chose to walk with us on our path through life and that the risen Christ now walks with us.
- Lent 2018/Season Four: New Heart, New Spirit focuses on central themes of forgiveness and reconciliation.
- Fall 2018/ Season Five: We Are the Good News explores how we are called to be the Good News for other people. We see that evangelization is not something that we do; it is who we are as followers of Christ.